Friday, December 5, 2008

Fixed ld@cac and null/overlay/umap modules

Between yesterday and today I fixed two problems on NetBSD. The former is still reproducable in the netbsd-5 branch (and HEAD as well), because AFAIK nobody submitted a ticket yet; the latter only applies to HEAD.

The first problem was introduced by myself some months ago, when I added support for JMicron and Intel RAID to ataraid(4). A did an extensive review before submitting the patch, but sometimes you always fail to catch an error... after all I'm a stupid human. Anyway, yesterday it took me 30 seconds to found it, because more or less I'm familiar with this code.

Info: http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=40099

The second problem is triggered every time that you use mount_nullfs(8), mount_overlay(8) or mount_umapfs(8), so I think it's important. The problem was that (again!) those missing symbols that the module requires are not there and some path in the code is causing a NULL pointer dereference. I've submitted a quick patch to fix them.

Info: http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=40110

No comments: