Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Half Life 2 Mod: Black Mesa

So I was watching one of my favourites videogames related sites (3Djuegos.com) and I've found something that I've been really surprised with. A new video of a game called Black Mesa. After reading a bit on its page, I discovered that it's just a HL2 Mod!

The video is amazing, and it shows that this is more than a yet another Mod for Valve's Source engine. It seems that Black Mesa is a remake of the first Half Life, released in 1998. They are using the Source engine really at its max power, and added other cool features like cooperative multiplayer, etc. The Source engine is showing its age, but still I think it's one of the best 3D engines out there!

From what I read I don't know if it will be available for free, but surely the money will be well wasted. Here's the amazing video available from 3Djuegos.com and from Developer's site: http://www.blackmesasource.com/



No comments: